Friday, June 17, 2011

It Gets Better from Here

Welcome to my new blog - Here Is Detroit - where I will chronicle the continuing growth and development of my hometown, Detroit, Michigan. Thank you for stopping in to read about the many positive happenings in the Motor City.

Detroit has received much negative press during the past few decades, due to the numerous socio-economic challenges it is battling. The city is definitely moving in the right direction, though, having gained the interest of businesses that previously located in  the suburbs, a growing population of young and energetic leaders, and national media outlets interested in the city's revitalization.

On this page, I hope to chronicle efforts to build the city and to make it a better place to live, work, and play. As evidence of what I'm talking about, I'll end this first post with a picture of a building rehabilitation on Library Street, in downtown. I took this picture today at lunchtime, which involved a sunny stroll from Grand Circus Park to Campus Martius and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment